Oh and then there are those few days at work where we like to make things fun...like when we celebrated Shirlene's birthday. Shirlene is the office prankster, so it was nice to prank her for her birthday. And of course she just loved it! You know someone has a great sense of humor when they just laugh and say "this is the best birthday present".
These are just a few pictures of things we did... it was fun :)
Oh and Shirlene is the lovely lady in green.
Oh and Shirlene is the lovely lady in green.
Demolition Derby...Oh yeah!
And then there have been a few times this past week where I have been able to squeeze in some fun :)
On wednesday, my roommates and I decided to tye-die. I just love tye die! There is something about it that makes me think of summer time :)
The worst part of tie-dye isnt trying to decide what colors to chose or even the dye staining your hands...NO.. the WORST part is waiting 24 hours to see how they turned out...but we did!
well we actually only waited 22 hours... but still haha
Patience isnt exactly my strongest attribute...haha
So on thursday after work, we opened them...and they were BEAUTIFUL!
After we had our "roommate bonding time" Shelby left to go to Ragnar...because she is cool like that! Liz invited me over to have a girls night...which includes watching a Jane Austen Movie. This time we watched Northanger Abbey :) We also made smores. Liz got this "smore maker" on her mission. Its one of those infomercial things where you can make the "perfect" smore in the microwave. So we thought we would try it. It wasnt bad at first...the graham cracker was a bit soft but other than that it was fine. But then the marshmallow started to get SUPER chewy.
The Smore Maker
So then we decided to roast the marshmallows over candles. I dont know if I was doing it right though because I could only get the outside to cook... Oh well! The chocolate and the graham crackers are the best part in my opinion :)
Our attempt at roasting marshmallows over candles :)
The highlight of my week however was on friday.
Not only did I have the day off work, but my friends Patrick and Luke came to visit me! Patrick and Luke are my good friends from BYU-Idaho. Patrick is from Nevada and Luke is from Idaho but he is moving to Colorado because he got an "adult type" job....Lucky boy! Anyway...Logan isn't exactly close to either of them so I was so honored that they took the time to come spend the day with me. Such awesome friends!
We just HAD to go to the temple...definetely one of the best places in logan in my opinion :)
Oh and ladies....they are BOTH single ;)
We had lunch at Fire House, went on a nature walk...and saw LOTS of nature! and we also got AGGIE Icecream. Yum :)
I also loved when they would serenade me...its my favorite! I really liked the song patrick sang...I think it was called Always Gold? maybe? anyway it was super good!
So yeah...they are both pretty great....and SUPER hilarious! I forgot how much I laugh when I am around them :) I love to laugh!
They both also have this uncanny way of making me feel important and good...I love that! It was just so great to see them again!
I hope they both had as much fun as I did :)
Tender Mercies from this past week:
-Free Costa Vida for Lunch one day at work
-Jessica brought me and my roommates a pizza, drink and cheese bread because she heard we were having a busy week...so sweet!
-Getting to work WITH my roommate Maddy...I know that sounds cheesy but it was nice seeing her at work each day :)
Oh and on a random note...
So there are the pictures that hang up by my desk at work. (I am the receptionist so my desk is in the front when you first walk into the conference center) The pictures are of a bride in a wedding gown..and about 70% of the time, people ask if I am the person in the photos...
I dont see it...I dont think she looks anything like me...but I get it so often that it makes me laugh.
What do you think?









No comments:
Post a Comment