Day walks have turned into night walks due to the heat. Which to be honest I don't mind because I love watching the sunset and looking at the stars...sigh...it kind of has a romantic feel to it :) Not like the "ooh la la" romantic...but the "dreamy setting" kind of romantic :)
Some of my favorite things during my walks are the smells of freshly cut grass or sprinkler water. And every once in a while my inner child comes out and ill run through a sprinkler or two....just for fun! :)
Those of you on Facebook know all about my new niece Grace. She was born a little over a week ago and I just cant wait to meet her! I just know my family loves having her in Ohio and sometimes I get jealous...but I am happy that I am here in Utah. :) And I have been making the most of my time here.
Last week for FHE, my group had a scavenger hunt up in providence canyon. It was the boys vs. girls. We were looking for little pieces of paper with points on them and little tigers that were worth 200 points. I was SO sure that us girls were going to win...but unfortunately...we lost. It was still SUCH a fun activity though. The winners got a cooler full of water balloons to use however they wanted... and instead of throwing them at us girls, we drove over to another FHE group and threw the water balloons at them. Then we joined their campfire.
I received a new calling a few weeks ago as a Stake Institute Representative. Our stake just started this new thing where we have an institute class on Tuesday nights at the stake building (my church building) and another class on Thursday in Hyrum. I had been trying to promote the classes because we want everyone to feel comfortable enough to come, enjoy, and socialize. I think it will be good for ours stake because I've noticed we tend to stick by the people we know.I think it will help people ( like me) to meet new people and make new friends. :)
On Wednesday afternoon I went on a walk with Liz and Jessica K. We walked over by 2nd Dam in Logan Canyon because there would be shade. It is really pretty there. I just love water so whenever I am around it...i'm just a bit happier. And its always fun to talk with Jessica and Liz :)
Later that day was the Stake activity. There was a live (country) band and a rock wall. The food was delicious and each ward provided their own dessert. Our ward had freshly made kettle corn and Aggie Ice cream. YUM. and then there was the dancing. Anyone who TRULY knows me knows that I just LOVE to dance. Its the one time I can break free and let loose and I don't care what others think. Which is probably ridiculous because I'm not exactly an awesome dancer or anything. haha
On Friday night, Julie got a group together to play lazer tag at the fun park after it closed. We used the entire fun park for our lazer tag game. Including the roller rink, food counters, and soft play area (the tunnels). It was so fun. I had to leave early because I worked the next morning...but I thought it was such a fun idea.
On Sunday, after church, Jessica and I decided to go on a walk to the Graffiti walls. Neither of us had ever been there before so we didn't know if there was a trail. We couldn't really find one...so we decided to just climb the mountain. We started at this rocky, steep part and when we were a little more than half way up I started to have a mini panic attack because i couldn't find a place to set my foot and I knew that if I stumbled I would fall all the way down. So I told jessica that I was turning around and I scooted the entire way down on my bum. haha I probably looked ridiculous to the oncoming traffic that past the mountain but I didn't care...I was so focused on getting down the mountain safely. I haven't been that terrified in a LONG time.
Here is a picture of where we first started climbing...I wish you could all see how steep and terrifying it really was...
A picture of the exploding spray paint...oops!
We then had to figure out how to jump and climb from the mountain to the trail. We were already exhausted from the climb and it was Sunny and HOT. we finally made it onto the trail...but we found out that this was the trail the daredevils used to get the graffiti walls because you had to jump from the trail UP to the the other parts of the mountain and climb a steep part again. I refused! I had had enough adventure for one day so Jessica and I turned around and followed the trail back to our car. We were hot and sweaty (I mean...glistening) and tired. And of course it was the one day that I forgot my water bottle. But regardless...it was an adventure and Jessica and I smiled and laughed about it the entire time! When we got back to my place my roommate Maddy told me that there was an actual path that went straight to the graffiti wall...NO CLIMBING involved. haha
A cactus...
Jessica's victory stance after making it to the trail
My victory stance after making it onto the trail... This picture shows gaps on both sides of the trail...they look kind of small in this picture but believe me it was like half my height or more...
Can you imagine jumping up to the other side and then climbing? No thank you!
After our adventure...don't we just look lovely? haha
Later that night, after ward prayer, a group of us stayed around and talked for a few hours. At a little after midnight, a few people mentioned going to Betos( a 24 hour mexican restaurant) to get something to eat . It was a spontaneous idea and we all piled into Julie's car and drove to Betos. Only after I got to ride on Ryans motorcycle AND drive Devin's scooter. :) At Betos you could tell we were all a little crazy because two of the guys got into a slapping contest...Oh boys!
On Monday after the ward FHE where we played ultimate frisbee and water volleyball, my roommates and I decided to have a roommate adventure where we actually made it to the graffiti walls. We even brought my roommate Maddy's dog Redd. It was so fun. The walk wasn't even that hard. It made me laugh! The graffiti walls are so cool looking! They are colorful and bright. We went during the sunset so the lighting was really pretty and it was the perfect temperature! We took turns using the colored spray paint that shelby had brought and we climbed the walls and just had fun. And then we decided that we needed to do more roommate stuff like this...because I really do have AWESOME roommates. :)
I don't know about you...but I'm feelin 22 ;)
Walking up to the Graffiti Walls
So funny story about this picture...as Shelby was climbing up to the top, I told her to look at me and smile. Neither of us noticed that it said "Hope" until after I took this picture. :)
Shelby kind of likes Levi... a lot
Sitting on top of the Graffiti walls :)
Maddy and Redd....I think this is my favorite picture of Maddy ever!
Look at me...I'm such a rebel! ;)
Standing on top of the Graffiti walls...and what a view! This picture really doesn't do it justice!
I took quite a few more pictures...and I think Im gonna just post them on facebook...so if you want to see more just look on facebook...I'll post them soon! :)















No comments:
Post a Comment