Two weeks ago, I had an appointment with a financial advisor at the University of Utah. My friend Julie was sweet enough to drive to salt lake with me. I sure am grateful she came because I was so flustered and anxious all morning. I was worried I would be late and overwhelmed with the campus and the roads in Salt Lake. But I worried for nothing because Julie and I found the building I needed to go to right away and we were on campus for less than an hour. It was weird walking on the campus.I kept trying to convince myself that I would be going to school here..GRAD school...but it was all too much to comprehend. We decided to spend the rest of our time in Salt Lake by going to 3 different malls. I didn't buy anything but it was nice to window shop and talk. Julie took me to this delicious sandwich place where we met up with a friend of hers. It was a nice day away from the "ordinary" :)
Julie and I at City Creek...what an angel she is!
Summer Oasis spot :)
On Saturday my friend Andrew Crapo invited me to join him in making pizzas and cookies with our friends Dean and Skye. I just love skye! She makes me smile! and Andrew makes me laugh! We all had such a fun time. I was surprised at how well Andrew could make a pizza! After we made the cookies, we took them next door to Bishop Wigington and his wife. They invited the four of us in to play games. SO FUN!
Kelsey, one of my old roommates from BYU-Idaho just moved to Logan that weekend so I was dying to see her and catch up. On monday she and I went to get Aggie Ice Cream. She showed me around her basement apartment (which is SUPER nice). I just can't believe that she has her OWN place and a REAL job with benefits and everything! It reminded me that she and I are adults now. I feel a little less like an adult because I'm still going to school, but talking to Kelsey reminded me that I am independent. I will never live at home again. I am on my own now. It was a crazy realization!
On wednesday, Mike, Ryan and I went to walmart to pick out hair dying colors. They both wanted to dye their hair and wanted ME to do it. I have never dyed hair before, so I was a little nervous...but kind of excited. They tried to convince me to dye my hair as well, but I LOVE my hair color! I was curious as to what color they thought I should dye it and they BOTH said blonde. Blonde? really? hmm....I'll stick with my hair color...its more me :)
(Also, if I'm gonna dye my hair as extreme as blonde, I'll get it professionally done Not from a box...I'm not that brave hahaha)
Afterward we picked up Kim and went Mini golfing. Normally I am not very good at mini golf. Ask mary...she knows. But this time I did very well! I got the best score and even beat mike who said he usually always wins. I was pretty surprised with myself. Then we met up with a group to watch the Logan fireworks at Stan Checketts house on the mountain. :)
Yay mini Golf! There was also a lovely sunset...but I didn't capture it that well...
On the fourth of July, Independence Day, Jessica invited me to join her and her family (since I don't have any here). We went to watch the parade in Hyrum. I love parades. I was shocked that it started at noon though. I'm used to waking up early to watch parades in the cool morning air....not in the heat of the day. Jessica almost passed out and I think it was because of the heat and lack of water. Luckily, some of the people were smart and were passing out cold water bottles and popsicles (otter pops) instead of candy. There were a couple of cars spraying water at people. It was fun!
We then had lunch at Jessica grandparents house and it was fun to be surrounded by her aunts and uncles and little cousins. It made me feel a little more at home. After lunch we went to Hyrum Square to watch a band that had a boy in it that her family knew.
Parades and Concerts :)
By this time I was exhausted so I went home to take a nap and then went to Bob's house to dye Mike's and Ryan's hair. And let me tell you THAT was quite the experience! I have NEVER dyed hair before. So I was a bit nervous....especially when the strawberry blonde color on ryan turned bright red and the dark brown hair color on mike turned black. We laughed a lot....but I think we were all a little nervous about it. Luckily once they washed the excess dye out, the hair was JUST the color it said it would be on the box :)
Before, During, and After the dying process :)
Fireworks, Children, and Glow Bracelets...YES!
On friday, I spent most of the day running errands, making phones calls...you know... boring adult stuff. But then I went to the Pat Benetar Concert with Jessica. Her father had won the tickets on the radio. It was so fun. We were pretty much the youngest people there by 20 or 30 years...but we danced and laughed during our favorite songs like "Love is a battlefield", "Hit me with your best shot" and "Heartbreaker". I laughed when I watched women dancing along that reminded me of my mom. I laughed even harder when the men next to them acted like they didn't know the women...just like my dad. So funny!
Pat Benetar!
On saturday, my boss gave me the day off. Which means I only worked on Tuesday the WHOLE week. Crazy! I spent the earlier part of the day with Kelsey. We went to lunch and walked around the tiny mall in Logan. Then later that day, I met up with a group to watch the Cruise in which is like a parade of old classic cars that drive up and down main street in circles. Then we went to dinner at Texas Roadhouse. After dinner we went to Dex's house to set off fireworks and ended up having a dance party. I just love dancing!!! Especially outside!
The cruise in :)
On sunday, after church, Jessica had an idea to take a ride in her fathers classic car ( A '67 Grand Prix). We drove it up Logan canyon up to Tonys grove. I felt so free! And I wore a scarf like the 1950 movie stars to keep my hair from getting tangled. I may have looked like a grandma...but I felt glamorous :)
Driving through the mountains...feeling like a star :)
Once we got to Tony's Grove, we had a nice nature walk all around the small lake. The wildflowers were GORGEOUS and it was nice and cool there.
Lovely, Lovely Tony's Grove.
So yes...these past two weeks have been full of fun...but not ALL fun. I took 3 midterms, did two projects and had to write a paper....along with the days that I had to work. Dont worry...im still responsible ;)









No comments:
Post a Comment