Sunday, September 30, 2012

Late Nights and Early Parades....

I feel sort of silly since I just updated this blog a few days ago, but...well... im gonna write anyway :)

This week flew by! I think it's because I have a job! :) My roommate Maddy was sick this week (we have the same job) so I was able to cover for her. This allowed me to get more practice at being a receptionist and understand what I am supposed to do a little better.

On Wednesday, my ward had a ward temple trip. It was magnificent! I had never been to the Logan temple before (one of the oldest temples that looks like a castle). Its always exciting to go to a new temple for the first time. Afterward my ward ate in a room downstairs. The Logan temple has a cafeteria. (Mind Blown!) I didn't even know temples did that! According to my mom, D.C. and Chicago have cafeterias too, but Ive never eaten at them... SO yeah...that was a cool experience.



On Friday, my friend Jessica invited me over for a girls night. We were going to watch a chick flick but ended up talking the whole time. I loved it! Its so nice to be around people that have the same values and tastes that you do. We talked about furniture, relationships, and the gospel. And about other things too...just like random stuff like chocolate milk...it was fun :)

On Saturday after cleaning the church building, Jessica and I walked up to main street to watch the homecoming parade for Utah State. Can I just say again how much I love parades!!! This one was a bit bigger than the one last week (and had less candy) but was equally as entertaining. :) It got me excited for the homecoming game. I went and bought a white shirt and everything.





 Yay Institute....Oh Utah! :)
 Jessica and I
My new white shirt that I bought for the game

Tina, from my ward, had invited me to go to the homecoming game with her. At first I wasn't going to go because I had earlier decided to go to the General Relief Society broadcast in Salt Lake, but after some consideration...and talking to my mom...I realized that this would be an experience I wouldnt want to miss...and I could always watch the conference later...which i did.

And am I glad that I went to the game! SO. Much. Fun. and we (Utah State) won, which made it even better! The crowd was all dressed in white (for the white out) and we had really great seats! Then afterward we went out to eat at Firehouse (a delicious restaurant in Logan that you HAVE to try at least once )

 Waiting in line to get into the stadium
 They passed out white gloves because it makes the clapping sound louder...usually the gloves are blue...but they were white for the "white out"
 Tina and I :)

This is the view from our seats...and all the white shirts :)


Random Fact: Every School I have been to have had the same school colors....Blue and White....I guess i really do bleed blue :)

Today (Sunday) was great. I listened to the General Relief Society Conference....which was just amazing and then church here is always wonderful! Here is the link to the relief society conference if you haven't watched it yet...i highly recommend watching it! http://www.lds.org/broadcasts/archive/general-relief-society-meeting/2012/09?lang=eng

After church I went to my landlords for dinner and they gave Maddy and I homemade apple cider....which is delicious!!!! yum!

 Thumbs up for Homemade Apple Cider
Yum. :)
In other news, the weather is starting to get pretty chilly at night and in the mornings, but its warm during the day. I finally broke down and bought myself a  comforter to keep me warm at night. I had been using pretty thin blankets before...  
I am attaching a picture or two for all those who care enough to see my great taste in my choice of blankets ;) It really adds color to my room which i like because...lets face it....i'm too poor to decorate...so this works :)


I just want to thank my parents for sending me my camera (that i so carelessly left in Ohio *sigh*) so I can finally take my own pictures....Thanks mom and dad! Love you!


No comments:

Post a Comment