Friday, September 7, 2012

And so it begins....

I made this blog about two years ago (thanks to my sister Katrina's insistence), and I just never felt motivated to actually use it. But times are changing...I am changing. I feel like my life just opened a whole new chapter, and I want to share that chapter with the world. I've never been good at sending weekly emails, or writing every thing I do on Facebook, so here it is. Here is the update of what is going on in my life. Here is the beginning of the newest chapter of my life. My Once Upon A Time...

OK. I admit. I've always been a sucker for fairy tales. My whole life really. I'm a reader. I LOVE books. I love the adventures, the mysteries, the characters that are unfolded within the pages. But most of all, I enjoy the happy endings. The happily ever afters. :) Not that my life is a fairy tale or anything...

So about a month or so ago, I decided that it was time for me to step out of my comfort zone. I remembered a talk given my Sister Dalton. She talked about how God didn't mean for people to have comfort zones and that when they stepped out of them, they were rewarded. Sounds easy enough right? I was scared out of my mind! 3 weeks later I packed up my car and drove to Logan Utah. I had no job lined up, no friends in the area, and no place to live. But after prayer and fasting, I just knew that this what what I was supposed to do. Don't get me wrong, I was constantly doubting myself. I was leaving my home. I kept thinking about how I could just stay in Ohio, live at home for free, find a job and continue taking my classes online. That would be the EASY thing to do. But I took a leap of faith and stepped completely into the dark.
There were a few obstacles along the way... my air conditioning in my car broke in Missouri and I thought my car was having other problems, and I still had a 16 hour drive ahead of me. yikes! (But with prayer and the support and comfort of good friends (Jamie and Malachi Sanders ;) ) I continued on my journey.

As I said I showed up to Logan with NO PLAN, but everything just started falling into place. I first went on campus to get my books for my classes and to get my student ID card, then within 2 hours I found a place to live. I have the nicest landlords...probably ever..and maybe even a potential job. I'm living in a condo in Providence Utah and I LOVE it. I have my own room, only one roommate at the moment (we are looking for a third girl), and PLENTY of space. The condo is fully furnished except for the bedrooms. Everything else was provided. AND I only pay $250 a month (including utilities)!!!! I live like 2 minutes from Logan and only 2 hours from Provo and 2.5 hours from Rexburg.

Like I said earlier, I have the sweetest Landlords. When I showed up to Logan, they offered to let me stay at their house for a few nights if I decided that I didn't want to live in the condo that I live in now. I of course decided to stay in the condo, and instantly signed a contract. My landlords noticed that I drove from Ohio and that I didn't have a bed or dresser, so they took me shopping and bought me both! A brand new dresser and bed with a headboard and everything! Yeah, my first day in Logan and I met real life angels...no big deal. :) Not only that, the husband took my car to a shop where he knew the owner so I could get a discount when they replaced my air conditioning belt and had my car inspected for other problems. My landlords also own a Marriott hotel and two upscale restaurants in Logan and they offered me a serving position in one of their restaurants (if i couldn't find anything else). I keep asking myself... is this real life? How can I be so blessed and have such wonderful people put into my life at a time when I was the most alone I think I've ever been?

There is just something about Logan. The view is to die for. And even though its big, it isn't crowded with too many people. I feel at home here. I get excited pretty much everyday because I feel like this change in my life is for the better. I have this feeling that so many more adventures are going to happen. That my life just made a critical turning point. I'm excited for the new people I will meet and  for the classes I am going to take. Yes, I like to read AND I like school. Strange, I know...but that's me. I like to learn.

Ok so here are some other highlights since I left Ohio...
-Seeing baby Chloe in Missouri and getting free frozen yogurt with Jamie and Malachi Sanders
- Being able to stay the night at Mary and Colton's place in provo...i sure missed them!
- Meeting my new roommate Maddy Booth (the daughter of my landlords)
-Visiting Rexburg again!!!
-Having Katrina, Casey and Carson visit me in Logan
-Getting Internet on wednesday...before that I had to do my homework at McDonalds or this Bagel place in Logan that had free wifi
-Having Sunday dinner with my roommate and her parents
- Meeting my new Bishop ( he is such a happy guy)
-Going to the Stake Activity and actually knowing 2 people there (from BYUI)
- Going to a Crepe party with Noelle Rust (an old roommate from BYUI) and playing cards and meeting new people

Ok so...now for the tour of my new place :)

The front entrance...the guest bathroom is the door on the left and the door next to it is the coat closet

The living room...
The Kitchen
The "Harry Potter Suite" The cupboard underneath the stairs

Now traveling upstairs....

 Tada! My room
 My closet...the most closet space i have had...ever...
 The bathroom
 The laundry room






1 comment:

  1. This reminds me of the past year of my life... the miracles and the hard times both were such amazing blessings! But mostly thank you for this post, all summer I have been coasting in the comfort zone and need a good swift kick in my pants, here's to praying for new opportunities and stepping out of my comfort zone!

    ReplyDelete