Sunday, October 28, 2012

Miserable and Magical

It's been a few weeks...sorry...

So for all of those who don't know, I DIDN'T have to get surgery (thank goodness) It was an option...but I opted out of it and then  afterwards my doctor was like " That's probably best because we would have had to put in a big rod (I broke my fibula into 3 pieces) and there would be a large incision...which means a large scar"....NO THANKS! So now I am in a cast....a BLACK cast...I thought it would look more professional at work and go with more outfits :)
 Me and my black cast...
 This is how I feel every morning when I wake up...I'm all like...what the?!? My leg is broken!


Also, one of the other receptionists at The Riverwoods got hired as an event coordinator at work, so I got to take over all her hours. YAY! Instead of working 9 hrs a week I work 25.5 - 31 hrs a week :) which is such a blessing because I was running out of money FAST!

My relief society has been really great about coordinating rides for me to and from work every day. My visiting teachers are just as awesome as they come! They have taken me to pie night, to the movies to see the new batman, and we have had girls nights together where we watch movies at Kim's house. Unfortunately Julie is getting surgery on her feet so she is moving today :( I'm gonna miss her!
Other people in my ward have been super helpful too. From grocery shopping to going to see movies to just coming over to keep me company. I have people offer to carry my bag, open the doors for me, and when we played fugitive for FHE, I got to be a "cop" with Jessica...so I could still feel included! I love my ward :)

This past week my roommate and I were in a commercial for The Elements restaurant (where we work). The commercial will play before movies in the local theaters....people can probably only see the back of my head....but I AM wearing a pretty bright green shirt, so I may be easy to spot. haha I'll have to go to the theaters in a couple weeks to see it :) It was a fun experience that's for sure... :)

This weekend my friend from BYUI (Stephanie Bradford, kats old roommate) came to stay with me. She brought her baby Kaiden who is such a cutie pie!  It was so great to see her! One of my favorite memories was when the wasp got into the car while we picked up our pizza....good times! We also went on an ice cream run for old times sake :)

I also went to 2 Halloween parties this weekend. I wore last years costume to the first party and then I pulled together a pirate costume from things in my closet for the second party. It's kind of  hard being crippled at parties because you are sort of stuck sitting...no dancing ( trust me I tried....it was awkward!) and no moving around a lot to socialize....Oh well! I still had fun and met people :)


ARRRRG! It's me pirate costume.... :)

Today I gave a talk on Obedience at church. I was more nervous about walking up to the pulpit in crutches in front of everyone than I was about giving the actual talk haha Definitely a memory I will never forget. I also sang in the ward choir...some things never change :)

In other news....Ive been listening to Taylor Swifts song 22 like crazy....hence the title of this post :) Love that song! It kind of sums up my life at the moment. Thank goodness for being the same age as Taylor Swift haha

Oh and I VOTED!!!! Woot Woot.....DONT FORGET TO VOTE! :)
  Love you all bunches! XOXOXOXOX

No comments:

Post a Comment