I cent believe it's been over 6 MONTHS since I last posted... time flies!
I continue to keep busy with grad school. I have had so many different clients, patients, and students and I have had experience with so many diagnosis. I am truly learning SO much and at the same time I keep wondering if I will ever feel like a "true professional". There is still so much to learn, to know, to experience!
But school hasn't taken over my life. I still make time for fun.
A few activities I've done in the past six months include: a moonlight ski-lift at Sundance, went to the Pumpkin Walk in Logan,went to another Harry Potter party where I successfully geeked out (again), concerts on Temple Square, went to Cinderella the Musical, ate Lunch at the top of the Joseph Smith Building, visited the Capitol building, and much more that I cant think of at the moment (that's what happens when I wait 6 months to write a blog post).
The view for the Garden Restaurant at the top of the Joseph Smith Memorial Building
I make practically monthly (sometimes more) visits to Provo to see Mary and Colton. No matter what we do (Temple trips, Movies, Dinner), I always have a great time.
I always take the train to Provo because...I can. I love the view and sitting on the second level. Plus it allows me to study or daydream while listening to music. A luxury that I cant do while driving.
FHE Corn maze. We have pretty fun activities in my ward. Last week we played human hungry hippos. I didn't take any pictures...but I'm not likely to forget it. It was such a creative activity.
The pumpkin walk in Logan way back in October. I had always wanted to go. They make scenes out of pumpkins. It was really neat.
My "new" (I say "new" because I moved out of Turnberry in October and I now live in a house with 4 other girls in the same ward. AND I LOVE IT!) roommates and I went to see the Cinderella musical at Olympus High school and I was blown away. This school took acting to a whole new level. The set, the voices, the acting was phenomenal! Plus they had cupcakes!![]() |
| My new roommates and I at temple square in December to see the lights. |
Moonlight Ski Lift at Sundance with some friends in my ward.
Last October General Conference with Samantha. I was excited to go with her for her first time.
![]() |
| HARRY POTTER!!!! |
My ward had a "date night" and my friend Devin drove down from Logan to be my date. He's pretty great! The date night was actually really well put together. One of the activities was splatter paint so that's why we are holding up pictures :)
I went on another date recently where we walked around the Capitol Building and I just had to take a picture of how gorgeous the trees looked. And then there was that sunset!
Ive also been lucky enough to have a couple different roommate reunions with roommates from BYU-I. I am still so grateful for the many happy years I had in Rexburg. I met so many wonderful people that continue to bless my life.
Ive also had a few roommate reunions with my roommates Kelsey and Emily. They were my roommates my very last semester at BYUI and we all live in Utah. I'm kicking myself for not getting a picture with them. I sure do love those girls.
I have also had plenty of service opportunities. One thing I love about being single is that there seem to be more opportunities to serve. Ive volunteered at St. Vincent De Paul to feed the homeless a couple time, volunteered to clean the church building, and last week I volunteered to clean the Salt Lake Temple. And let me tell you, THAT was a whole new experience!
Speaking of new temple experiences, Ive been trying to attend as many temples as I can. Ive been to the Logan, Ogden, Bountiful, Salt Lake, Jordan River, St.George, Provo, Mt. Timpanogas, Rexburg,Ohio, Nauvoo, and Draper temples in the past 6 months. I still want to visit the Brigham City and the Oquirrh Mountain temple in the next month or so.
Lets see, I've also been on 3 road trips in the past 6 months. The first of which was my trip to Nauvoo for Thanksgiving. I went with Julie, Kim, and Heidi. I love Nauvoo. It is by FAR my favorite church history site. Julie's parents live in Nauvoo and they so graciously housed and fed us while we saw the sights. I got to attend the Nauvoo temple for the first time.
Favorite Quote of the Trip: "Drink up! The next stop is only 15 miles away!" -Julie
90 miles later...
The second road trip was to Moab. It was the PERFECT way for 4 single ladies to spend Valentines weekend :) The weather was great, the hiking refreshing, and the sights were incredible. Ive never heard such silence, or SO many STARS! And the rock formations were absolutely majestic!
Favorite Quote of the Trip: Liz talking about the East Coast " We have natural disasters and nonmembers...It's amazing!"
The third road trip I went on was a couple of weeks ago with my ward. My Bishop and a few others have Condos in St.George. They were so kind to allow us to stay the night so we could attend the St. George temple. I signed up to carpool with a few girls in the ward who I didn't know very well. I am so glad I did. All of us just clicked. I really feel like I made genuine friends and even though it was a short trip, I feel like Ive known these girls for years.
I ALSO went on a trip to OHIO for Christmas. I didn't drive, so technically it wasn't a road trip. But it was a trip nevertheless. And MUCH needed. It was so great being surrounded by family members. Unfortunately I got pretty sick on Christmas Eve, but my parents spoiled me by checking in on me, getting me water and buying me my favorite Popsicles. I gotta admit I'd much rather be sick at home, than in Utah where my parents cant take care of me :) Don't worry, I felt MUCH better on Christmas day. It was a Christmas Miracle! :)
And More RECENTLY... I became an AUNT again :)
My Twin Sister Katrina gave birth to another beautiful baby girl. Noelle Olivia Gullion. I cant wait to meet her! My sister has the cutest children!
I am currently doing two externships (at the same time) in Ogden. One at an Elementary School and One at a Rehabilitation Center. It's a bit of a commute, and it results in LONG work days, but Ive been learning a GREAT deal. I only have two weeks left of my externships and then...I'm done. Seriously. I took my LAST exam two weeks ago. I already took the National Praxis Exam (and passed. woohoo!), and now I just need to graduate and get a job. Is that crazy to anyone else? I mean, yes the past two years have been SO busy and stressful and long. But at the same time, it flew by! So now I'm just dealing with trying to figure out my future. I have NO idea where I will be in 6 months let alone 2 months from now. General Conference this weekend was perfect. It reminded me to not fear the future. I know that whatever happens, It will be part of HIS plan. And I will be happy...eventually. :)
So that was an incredibly BRIEF overview of the past 6 months. Hopefully I will be better at writing more. No promises. ;)
Speaking of new temple experiences, Ive been trying to attend as many temples as I can. Ive been to the Logan, Ogden, Bountiful, Salt Lake, Jordan River, St.George, Provo, Mt. Timpanogas, Rexburg,Ohio, Nauvoo, and Draper temples in the past 6 months. I still want to visit the Brigham City and the Oquirrh Mountain temple in the next month or so.
(I didn't take these pictures. I got them from the Internet)
Favorite Quote of the Trip: "Drink up! The next stop is only 15 miles away!" -Julie
90 miles later...
The second road trip was to Moab. It was the PERFECT way for 4 single ladies to spend Valentines weekend :) The weather was great, the hiking refreshing, and the sights were incredible. Ive never heard such silence, or SO many STARS! And the rock formations were absolutely majestic!
Favorite Quote of the Trip: Liz talking about the East Coast " We have natural disasters and nonmembers...It's amazing!"
Love these crazies! This pretty much sums up our trip
![]() |
| Ancient Hieroglyphs from the Native Americans |
The third road trip I went on was a couple of weeks ago with my ward. My Bishop and a few others have Condos in St.George. They were so kind to allow us to stay the night so we could attend the St. George temple. I signed up to carpool with a few girls in the ward who I didn't know very well. I am so glad I did. All of us just clicked. I really feel like I made genuine friends and even though it was a short trip, I feel like Ive known these girls for years.
My new friends. (Top picture: Me, Anneli, Kelli, Kristi, and Ambie)
Us girls stopped at this cookie shop in St. George because Kristi raved about how delicious they were. We were NOT disappointed! We even bought mini cookies to share with others :)
I ALSO went on a trip to OHIO for Christmas. I didn't drive, so technically it wasn't a road trip. But it was a trip nevertheless. And MUCH needed. It was so great being surrounded by family members. Unfortunately I got pretty sick on Christmas Eve, but my parents spoiled me by checking in on me, getting me water and buying me my favorite Popsicles. I gotta admit I'd much rather be sick at home, than in Utah where my parents cant take care of me :) Don't worry, I felt MUCH better on Christmas day. It was a Christmas Miracle! :)
Reunited with my best Twin :)
Katrina made me a T-shirt quilt. SO many memories.
Reunion with Ohio Friends. Oh how times have changed.
Oh, also, during this time, one of my best friends, Sarah, got
married!!!!! And I was lucky enough to go to her sealing in the
Bountiful Temple. Isn't she a beautiful bride? I feel so blessed to have
had that opportunity.
And More RECENTLY... I became an AUNT again :)
My Twin Sister Katrina gave birth to another beautiful baby girl. Noelle Olivia Gullion. I cant wait to meet her! My sister has the cutest children!
I am currently doing two externships (at the same time) in Ogden. One at an Elementary School and One at a Rehabilitation Center. It's a bit of a commute, and it results in LONG work days, but Ive been learning a GREAT deal. I only have two weeks left of my externships and then...I'm done. Seriously. I took my LAST exam two weeks ago. I already took the National Praxis Exam (and passed. woohoo!), and now I just need to graduate and get a job. Is that crazy to anyone else? I mean, yes the past two years have been SO busy and stressful and long. But at the same time, it flew by! So now I'm just dealing with trying to figure out my future. I have NO idea where I will be in 6 months let alone 2 months from now. General Conference this weekend was perfect. It reminded me to not fear the future. I know that whatever happens, It will be part of HIS plan. And I will be happy...eventually. :)
So that was an incredibly BRIEF overview of the past 6 months. Hopefully I will be better at writing more. No promises. ;)


































No comments:
Post a Comment